Carver Trailer Covers for Travel Trailers
Carver Trailer Covers are made to order, they are are soft and supple, easy to handle and incredibly strong. The entire cover is expertly woven and treated with a marine-grade water repellent finish that contains state-of-the-art UV and mildew inhibitors. Carver is so confident in the quality of their covers that they stand behind them with an unprecedented 5 year warranty. Carver, the name proven and trusted for excellence in watercraft protection, has taken the guess work out of RV protection.
Each Travel Trailer Cover Ships With:
- Units that range from 12'-18': One 96" zipper installed vertically along the side wall
- Units that range from 22'-40': Two 96" zippers installed vertically along the side wall
- 12' nylon straps with a buckle attached to the cover beside each
zipper along the side wall. These straps go under the unit, side to side, to secure the cover.
- Four 40' tie-down straps. These straps go over
the top and then under the unit. These straps help to secure the cover to
the trailer to minimize billowing in windy conditions.
- Adjuster straps attached at the front of the
unit that can be used to tighten the cover for a snug fit.
- FREE matching storage bag
How to Measure your Travel Trailer for a Cover
Selecting the right RV cover involves a few key measurements—follow these tips to ensure proper fit:
Measure your RV
To ensure you have the right measurements, be sure to measure your RV vs. relying on the owner’s manual or other literature. You will need three measurements—the height, length and width.
- Height—measure from the mid-wheel to the top of the roof edge
- Length—measure from the rear bumper to the front bumper
- Width—measure the total side-to-side of your unit at the windshield and rear bumper
- Carver covers are built to accommodate air conditioners, ladders, hitches and other such items; do not include
these items in your measurements
- If your unit is even 1” longer than a specific cover, order the next size up
- The manufacturer’s specification for height is from the ground up; for an ideal fit, your cover should fall mid-wheel
If you are unable to measure your RV...
You may be able to identify the proper measurements from the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Height—subtract your wheel height (15” for units < 20’ and 18’ for units > 20’) and air conditioning unit (15” average) from the manufacturer’s spec sheet height
Your owner’s manual shows a spec sheet height of 12’6” (150”) and a length of 19’8”. That means your wheel height is 15” (because your RV is less than 20’ long). Your “cover height” will be 120”, as follows:
NOTE: Manufacturers may or may not include air conditioning units in the overall spec height listed. If this is not specified either way, you will need to physically measure your RV in order to ensure the proper height and then fit for your cover
- Length—this should be stated in your owner's manual.
NOTE: If you have a Travel Trailer you need to verify if the tongue length is added in to the stated length or not; if it is added, typically the model number will differ from the actual specs listed and, therefore, you will need to subtract 3” from the length in the owner’s manual to find the appropriate length for your cover
- Width—this should be stated in your owner's manual.
NOTE: For Travel Trailers, covers fit units up to 102” wide
How to Install Your Carver Travel Trailer Cover
Putting your cover on your RV properly will ensure its integrity is intact and that it will last for years to come—follow these tips to ensure proper fit:
Prepare your RV
- Make sure your RV is clean—soiled covers cannot be exchanged or refunded so if you notice a problem with your cover after putting it on your RV but it becomes soiled in that process, it cannot be returned
- Examine your RV for sharp areas—items like mirrors, awning mounts, etc can be sharp and tear the cover; pad these areas before installing your cover to prevent unnecessary wear and tear on your cover
- Fold in extended mirrors to ensure proper fit and prevent tears
- Make sure your RV is cool; contact with hot surfaces such as exhaust systems will damage the cover
Install the Cover
- Place the rolled cover on the front end of the roof
- Roll the cover to the back end of the roof
- Working front to back, spread the cover to the side edges of the roof
- From the ground, use a stepladder and work from front to back to pull the cover down over the sides of the RV; adjust the fit as necessary
- Use the included reinforcement/repair kit to add protection to stress areas
- Secure the elasticized hems under the front and rear ends of the RV
- Secure the cover with the provided 40’ tie down straps to create a snug fit
- Use the adjustable strap system attached to the front of the unit to provide a more secure fit
- Slide attached tie-down straps at the bottom sidewalls of the cover under the unit and connect on the opposite side
- Your cover is for storage only; never attempt to travel with the cover on
- Always take care when walking on the roof of your RV
Care & Cleaning of Your Carver Travel Trailer Cover
Your RV cover protects your RV—you can protect your cover with just a few simple steps:
- Avoid letting water or snow stand on the cover
- Always tie cover down securely
- Make sure to pad areas that could snag or tear the cover such as mirrors, awning mounts, etc, before installing the cover
- Clean your cover after use—and store in appropriate storage bag
To clean your cover:
- Mix a solution of mild soap and warm water in a bucket
- Open cover and lay flat on ground
- Rinse cover with hose
- Using soft brush, scrub cover lightly with water/soap solution
- Rinse thoroughly with hose
- Let cover dry completely
- Fold carefully and put in storage bag
- Never put the cover in a washing machine or dryer
- Never dry clean the cover
- Never iron the cover
RV Cover Warranty
Carver RV covers are guaranteed to be free of defects in materials and workmanship at the time of manufacture. The warranty does not cover normal wear, weather soiling or environmental pollution stains. The RV cover must be
properly installed, utilized and maintained.
Carver RV covers feature a 5-year limited warranty (from the original purchase date). This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied.
To process your warranty claim:
- Call Carver at (864) 457-5820 to obtain a Return Good Authorization Number (RGA#)
- Write a note describing the defect; be sure to include your full name and address
- Package your RV cover and note with your contact information
- Send the sealed package to:
Carver Industries, Inc.
212 North Lyles Ave
Landrum, SC 29356
- For defects detected within 30 days of the original date of purchase:
Carver will repair or replace, at its discretion, the RV cover free of charge,including freight to and from the factory
- For defects detected more than 30 days after the original date of purchase:
Carver will repair or replace, at its discretion, the RV cover free of charge; the customer will be required to pay freight to and from the factory
RVCoversPlus.com Shipping Information
Shipping to the Lower 48 United States
Items purchased through the RVCoversPlus.com website are typically processed and ready for shipment within 5 to 7 business days. RV Covers are shipped free of charge within the lower 48 states via UPS Ground. Please call 866-403-8505 for express shipping options and the associated charges.
Typical Ground Transit Time for Products in Business Days
Please fill out our e-mail form and one of our Customer Service Representatives will email you a quote by the next business day.
Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii & Canada
Prices for shipping to Alaska, Hawaii and Canada vary by length and RV style. Please visit the product page to determine shipping.